Christine Duncan Heritage Academy (CDHA) is proud to offer a caring learning environment for students enhanced by small classroom sizes, dedicated teachers and a tailored curriculum. We understand you have many options for your child’s education and appreciate your interest in Christine Duncan Heritage Academy.
Brief tours will be offered on each Thursday that we are in session from 8:30 am to 8:45 am from December 1, 2018 to February 18, 2019. Tours are by appointment only. Please sign up for each adult that will attend the tour. If there is more than one person in your party, please make sure each person is signed up on their own. We are located at 1900 Atrisco Dr. NW, Albuquerque NM 87120.
In addition, there will be two Information Nights for prospective families offered and interested families are encouraged to attend on either date. Reservations are NOT required. These dates are January 17th and February 15th at 6:00pm. Please visit the school website christineduncan.org and check the calendar for any changes.
Tours after the lottery is held are offered only to families contacted by the CDHA Administrative Assistant, JJ Herrera, and will be by appointment only.
The number of available spaces for each grade level Kindergarten through 8th grade, for any given year will be determined by subtracting the number of continuing students and their incoming siblings, who are given preference, from the total number of spaces for each grade level. When the number of applicants exceeds available spaces for a given grade, a lottery process will be used to fill available spaces for that grade. There are no minimum requirements to submit a lottery application, as Christine Duncan Heritage Academy is a public, tuition-free, charter school.
The 2018-19 lottery application will be available and posted to the website on December 1, 2018. Applications will be accepted until February 26, 2019. The lottery will be held on February 26, 2019 at 5 pm. Upon completion of the lottery, waitlists are established for each grade. All offers are made directly via phone. Notification of an available space is made to the next parent/student on the waitlist as soon as an opening occurs.
If you have inquiries regarding the waitlist status of your child, please email email@example.com
Christine Duncan Heritage Academy abides by all New Mexico and federal school enrollment laws. Christine Duncan Heritage Academy encourages diversity and does not discriminate based on gender, race, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, economic standing, religion, language, or disability of the child in its enrollment policies or educational programs.
Please note that NM state law requires children to be 5-years of age as of September 1st to enroll in a New Mexico public school. Your child, regardless of his/her ability, will not be able to start kindergarten unless the minimum age requirement is met.
The Lottery Process
- Parents interested in enrolling their student at CDHA must complete an online application by the deadline for the lottery applications (February 26, 2019).
- All siblings will be placed in an electronic randomizer. The Sibling Waitlist will then be created.
- For each grade level the names of all applicants will be placed in an electronic randomizer. A neutral party will oversee the lottery.
- Families whose applicant has been picked by the randomizer for an available spot will be notified by phone within 48 hours of the lottery. Families whose applicant has been placed on the waitlist will be able to view the waitlist on our website. Families MUST reply and notify the school of acceptance within 24 hours, clarifying their decision to accept or decline the enrollment. If families do not respond within 24 hours, the applicant’s spot will be lost.
- To secure enrollment, appropriate forms must be returned to the school office within one week. Enrollment forms including birth certificate, shot records, and report cards. If all forms are not received within one week, the school will make an offer to the next applicant on the wait list.
- Students who are admitted to CDHA are expected to attend the first day of school.
- In the case of siblings, if the first sibling is selected, e.g., for grade 4, then the second sibling will automatically be given a seat in his/her respective grade level, if a seat is available. If a seat is not available, then that sibling will be added to the sibling wait list.
- This sibling preference will only be honored if the first sibling maintains enrollment for 40 school days.
- Once all the seats are filled, the waitlist will be created by the randomizer.
- Attendance at the lottery is not required, though parents are welcome to attend. We do not encourage children to attend.
For questions regarding admission or enrollment, please email the Administrative Assistant, Ms. JJ Herrera, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Approved by the Governing Council in May 22, 2017